Monday, February 04, 2013

It has been nearly a year since I last blogged. A year has gone by so quickly. This morning, while reading Christa's blog, I thought to myself, "Self, you've been away for far too long!"

As I've said before, I do write. I have a journal that sits on my bedside table. I write my thoughts, my joys, my grievances, my daily monotony, my struggles with parenting, my self analysis, my inner workings, if you will; I sketch pictures of cakes, I pen poems, I figure out my schedule, I doodle hearts; I send myself little cryptic messages on the side so, when I go back to re-read something I had written long ago, I can smile as I remember the interpretation.

I stopped blogging. To be honest, most days, I could barely remember the keys to my car (still can't on many occasions!). Blogging became another chore. I didn't need more jobs to do. And it became a struggle to write something, to write anything. I didn't want my blog to just be a place where I elaborated on my facebook status, "Going snowshoeing today. Here are the pics". I wanted my blog to be about my experiences and how I relate to those experiences. I somehow lost the ability to get those thoughts out of my head and onto "paper" in any sort of way that made sense.

After continuing to write in my journal, no matter how much sense it makes, my writing is coming back to me in little pieces. I get severe brain-freeze sometimes. So you'll have to excuse me. But I'm going to attempt to do this again. I'm not going to make promises. But I will seriously do my best to blog once a week. And yes, sometimes the entry may have about the same level of content as a box of rice krispies - dry and flavourless without anything further added - but I will try to bring it back.

My apologies to those of you who did read. I hope you'll come back once in a while to check in.

Myrna

2 comments:

Tara said...

YAY...so glad you're back at it! I love your posts! Don't forget to add our new blog on your blog list (the old one 'Be Grateful for Life' is no longer!!)

Looking forward to reading your posts!!!

Renee said...

I'm excited you're back!! I've been checking religiously since your last post. Just in case. Lol