Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Chocolate Engagement

Posted by Hello

Jamie and I had talked about getting engaged quite often. After dating 2 years, 3 months, and 19 days (but who was counting!) it finally happened...

October 29th, 2004 at approximately 4:30 pm:
I was sitting on my couch watching Oprah (my usual after-work activity) when Jamie arrived carrying a box of chocolates. He said that a guy at work had brought them in (this was not strange to me) and that he would put them in the refridgerator for me (Jamie knows that I just LOVE cold chocolate). Anyways, I just couldn't resist (of course not!) and asked Jamie if he would bring me the box. He did and stood there watching as I ate. I wondered, "Why is he just standing there staring at me?" and then I finally saw it - THE diamond ring placed strategically in one of the chocolate "slots". I was so excited and involved in the delicious Belgian chocolate seashells that I hadn't even noticed! Jamie said, "I thought you were NEVER going to see it!" and then he took the ring, placed it on my finger, and asked me to marry him..."YES!"

Our engagements photos were taken a short time after by Kathy Wierenga, a co-worker's daughter, whose photography I had previously admired. The shots were taken at Websters Falls (near Ancaster), Ontario. This kissing one is my absolute favourite!

Our wedding date is July 23rd, 2005 and will take place on the beach in beautiful Prince Edward Island.


No comments: