We're gradually getting closer and closer to having the house organized for when baby arrives. I really hope this "nesting" thing lasts long enough to get everything done (what are the chances?) Small things off the very long checklist include:
- Cleaned out my "scrapbook room" which will become the nursery.
- Picked up paint chips from Home Depot to decide on nursery colours. Will post my ideas for the nursery later.
- Moved all of my scrapbook things to the guest bedroom.
- Decided the guest bedroom was too crammed and then moved the scrapbook table and supplies to the basement.
- Organized all of the boxes that were scattered in our unfinished basement. Darren's things are under the stairs, Christmas things in the "hallway" next to the stairs, my bins of craft stuff, camping supplies, and partylite boxes squeezed in between wherever.
- Jamie shopvaced the entire concrete basement floor (Boy, what a LOT of dust...yuck!)
- Cleaned out my closet (a while back) and now have the guest bedroom closet FULL of clothes I need to sort through to either a) give away or b) keep and hope to fit into after the baby arrives.
- Installed blinds in the baby-to-be bedroom.
- Cleaned out the downstairs hall closet, put away summer shoes, and organized the junk that had accumulated on the shelf in said closet.
- Finally bought mats for the front hallway.
- Bought and mailed the fabric to my mom for her to design and sew the baby's crib quilt and curtains.
Still remaining on the list to try and complete in the very near future:
- Choose colours and paint baby room (possibly complete with a mural inspired by my creative friend, Daphne, who just did her son's room with lots of superheros...check out her blog from my main page).
- Get rid of the computer from OUR bedroom (I hate having the computer in the master bedroom) and finally move it into the guest bedroom.
- Sort all of that clothes.
- Wash baby clothes I've already accumulated from my sister and sister-in-law.
- Set up TV in the basement so I can scrapbook and enjoy my favourite shows all at the same time.
- Change around our bedroom because I'm really bored of the current furniture placement.
- Sew dark lining in the drapes in our bedroom to keep the light out at 6am.
And then comes Christmas and a whole new To-Do List.
And then comes the baby and nothing on MY To-Do list will ever be done!
Wish me luck!
P.S. Have to go for a follow-up ultrasound tomorrow morning. They need to confirm something they couldn't quite see with the umbilical cord the first time around (they speculate the baby may have a 2-vessel cord, supposed to be 3-vessels, but results not yet conclusive). Won't get results until Nov 22nd but I'll keep you posted. Keep me and wee babe in your thoughts and prayers please.