It's been a while since I posted a funny story about my sister, Tracey's, crazy kids.
Tracey called me earlier today. Here's how this true story goes:
Tracey's in the bedroom (probably tending to Olivia) when she hears a loud "Pop!". Isabella, who just recently turned 3 years old, runs in the hallway yelling, "Mommy that bright light scared me!". Tracey said Isabella's face was white as a ghost and she went out to the kitchen to investigate. The microwave was still going and was now making a "grr...grr...grr" sound. She opened the microwave door to find a Kool-aid Jammer inside. Kool-aid Jammer packages are made of tin/foil and therefore spark and explode inside the microwave.
Tracey has no idea what possessed Isabella to put the Kool-aid inside the microwave. But then again, we don't really know what possesses Isabella to do anything besides the fact that she is 3 and loves to explore and must try things out for herself rather than taking your word for it that it could be dangerous.
Luckily, no one was injured and no fire started (although this could have easily happened...scary!!!)
a) Kool-Aid Jammers should be enjoyed cold from the fridge and not nuked
b) Don't teach your 3-year old to use the microwave (of course, they're so smart they generally learn on their own anyways)
The microwave is now caput!
On the bright side:
A similar incident of "exploring" happened with the apartment elevator and Isabella no longer will go inside one without an adult very close at hand.