Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Diaper Stash and Ultrasound Update

Doggy loves our new Jamtots Berry Plush Cloth Diaper!

Pros:
So far, the softest diaper we've tried - feels so smooshy and comfy.
Has a snap in liner for easy laundering.
The cover can be used separately with a prefold or fitted diaper.
Made in Canada! (I love that part)

Cons:
On the expensive side at approx. $28.50 each. I wouldn't have tried it at that price but I got a $10 off deal.

I don't think we'll be ordering more of these diapers. Unfortunately, the price is a little too high. But it's nice to have one of them in my stash for wee baby. And the one I have is a size small which should fit nicely from birth. Many of the one-sized diapers actually start fitting closer to about 12 lbs or so.

As of a few days ago, I think I now have enough diapers ordered. I know it's soon but I warned you - I'm obsessed!
(Thanks scrapbooking ladies for the gift ($) - which I used to finish purchasing my diapers)
I've been keeping my eyes peeled for deals and have gotten all of my diapers on sale! Bonus!
I even found a lady who made me a diaper for $9 out of my own "O Canada" flannel! Of course, as with any addiction, there are still some diapers I'd love to buy. Like these and these and these!
Lucky for me the hubster has been very patient with me. But I'm sorta thinkin I may be pushing it if I order more right now simply because they are "oh so cute!" But seriously, aren't they?
And what's even more exciting than cute colourful cloth diapers? Seeing baby for the first time, of course! Today was our ultrasound and we got to see baby's heartbeat, tiny little feet, and mouth opening and closing - absolutely fascinating!
At first the baby seemed to be sleeping - no movement at all and his/her hands were up covering his/her face so the ultrasound technician wasn't able to get the profile pic she needed. How cute is that?! Sarah always slept with her hands up by her face too. The old wives tale says this is a sign of a happy baby...I sure hope so!
After about 20 minutes or so, baby starting squirming all around and poking and prodding mommy everywhere. I tell ya, there's just no better feeling! I didn't realize I was crying until I felt a tear run down my cheek.
We were also happy to learn that this baby has a 3-vessel cord (normal) whereas Sarah only had 2-vessels which is most likely the cause of her kidney issues.
On the negative side, Newfoundland doesn't allow you to go home with a photo of baby from the ultrasound. I was very disappointed at this, especially after having about 8-9 u/s pics of Sarah. Quite frankly I think it's rather silly and I'd love to know why this is. The ultrasound tech had no idea. She said she thought I could "purchase" the photo from my doctor....huh?
Picture or no picture, it was a very happy day for us!
Jamie said "I think it looks like a boy". lol...I highly doubt it but I guess we'll see in about 4 months!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea, I hear ya about the ultrasound pics. You can buy one for $10 I think which is obsured. However, I did it for both Daymon & Gina. And you only get 1 picture and you don't even get to pick out the one you want. GRRR!!!
On a lighter note, Congrats on the babino again & happy everything is healthy with baby #2. :)

Christa said...

WHAT!?!?! No Ultrasound photo?!?! Ridiculous!

Photo Quilts said...

I can't believe that either.... no picture...that sucks! I actually have a DVD of one of the 4D ultrasounds I had of Caitlynn. I had my ultrasounds done at a diagnostic center because I was high risk. You can even see her features in them. I hope you are able to get a photo later :) I was waiting to see the photo at the end of your post while I was reading. Congratulations on your pregnancy by the way. Did you not want to find out what you were having???

Myrna Hynes said...

I seriously think the no picture thing is CRA-ZY! Don't understand it at all. I don't want to know the sex of the baby - I'm looking forward to the surprise. Oh, and we'd have to pay for that service here too IF we did want to find out.