Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday Charlotte!

One year ago, I was holding my brand new baby girl in my arms and wondering how I could possibly be so blessed.

Today, I am astounded at home quickly the past year has gone by. I cannot believe how much Charlotte has grown and developed. I still cannot believe that I am a mommy of 2.


Charlotte celebrated her birthday surrounded by our family and a few baby friends. She had a fabulous time. She was super excited at having such a brilliant Mommy who came up with the idea of having a "Very Hungry Caterpillar" party ;)

The menu consisted of all the foods the Hungry Caterpillar ate in the book:
- Fruit Kabobs made with apple, pear, plum, strawberries, oranges, and watermelon
- Cherry tarts (in lieu of pie)
- Chocolate cake and cupcakes
- A "Make Your Own Sandwich" area including salami, sausage, swiss cheese & pickles
- Lollipops for the kddies to take home with a book

Mommy's Cake & Cupcake
Version of the Hungry Caterpillar
Charlotte grabbing onto her slab of Chocolate cake for dear life (That's my girl!)

I made the party favours by re-using baby food bottles and scrap pieces of fabric. Filled the jar with caterpillars (gummy worms). And added a Thank You tag I printed at home with a graphic I found online.

I printed out colouring sheets from the Eric Carle website for the kids to colour

Mommy & the Birthday Girl

Nan White came to the party so we got a 4-generation shot on Mom's side of the family

With Granny Goosney at the party, we also got a 4-generation shot of Dad's side of the family

Nanny & Poppy Hynes came too!
 
It was a great party and I'm so thankful to everyone who came out to share the day with us.
 
Baby Charlotte, like your middle name, you bring so much "Joy" into our lives. Here's to many many many more birthday parties in the future. I love who you are already, I can't wait to see who you become.

Love, Mommy xox

No comments: