Thursday, December 15, 2011

Array the Corridors = ?

I'm in love with word games, puzzles, cryptograms that make my brain scream, "Ouch!"

Last night we had the church ladies (and their husbands) in for their annual Christmas supper at the Chocolate Moose. The Pastor's wife had some fun games to play, and although I was supposed to be behind the scenes in the kitchen, cleaning up after supper, I couldn't help but ask if I could join (and try to win, of course!) this game.

"Can you Name the Christmas Song?"

Example: Array the Corridors = "Deck the Halls"

Awesome, right?

Okay, here goes...

1. The lad is a diminutive percussionist
2. Nocturnal Noiselessness
3. A B C D E F G H I J K M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
4. Arrive time 2400 hours - weather cloudless
5. Delight of the planet
6. Do you perceive the same longitudinal pressure which stimulates my auditory sense organs?
7. Far off in a feeder
8. Leave and broadcast from a pinnacle
9. The dozen festive 24 hour intervals
10. Behold! I envisioned a trio of nautical vessels
11. Listen, the winged heavenly messengers are proclaiming tunefully
12. As the guardians of the little wooly animals protected their charges in the shadows of the earth.
13. Frozen precipitation commence
14. Monarchial triad
15. Righteous darkness
16. Oh small Israel urban center
17. Our fervent hope is that you thoroughly enjoy your holiday season
18. May the deity bestow an absence of fatigue to happy male humans
19. Loyal followers advance
20. Query regarding identity of descendant

Soooo....how many did you get? Be honest! In the time limit we had, about 10 minutes, I got 15 out of 20. Not bad, not bad.

#3 Totally stumped me. I'm impressed if you get it, although you'll kick yourself afterwards when you realize how simple it is.

Have fun!

(Answers in comments....no cheating!)

5 comments:

Myrna Hynes said...

1. The Little Drummer Boy
2. Silent Night
3. NOEL!!!
4. It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
5. Joy to the World
6. Do you Hear What I Hear?
7. Away in a Manger
8. Go Tell it on the Mountain
9. The 12 Days of Christmas
10. I saw Three Ships
11. Hark the Herald Angels
12. While Shepherds Watched their Flocks by Night
13. Let it Snow
14. We Three Kings
15. O Holy Night
16. O LIttle Town of Bethlehem
17. We Wish You a Merry Christmas
18. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
19. O Come All Ye Faithful
20. What Child is This?

Christa Hann said...

I got 11 ....This game is great!

Christa said...

I did comment on this yesterday that I got 11 but my internet was acting up so I guess it didn't post :( this was great though. I still don't get NOEL though...lol

Renee said...

Silly Christa. Read the letters. The L is missing. I didnt get it either though lol

Myrna Hynes said...

There's NO "L" ...that was a tough one for sure!
lol