Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Busy as a Bee

I laughed out loud when I saw this saying (see above in my pregnancy calendar thingy) -- "Get off the cake woman!!" That is SO me, it's ridiculous! Especially over Christmas. I've actually been gaining about 1.5 lbs per week in the last little while. The midwives don't seem too concerned as I'm still within a healthy range but again, for me, it's difficult seeing the scales creep up.

Been feeling really good. The results were fine with the glucose test I had done a few weeks back. Unfortunately my iron levels have dipped (making me a little extra tired) but I've started taking a supplement from the Health Food store. It better frickin help too - the 500 ml bottle cost me over $50!!!

Pregnancy pics hopefully will follow within the next couple of weeks. Christa has agreed to do a photoshoot with me. Yay! I'm so excited. I've always wanted to have really nice B&W photos of my prego belly to keep/scrapbook for memories down the road. Hopefully we'll get some good shots. No pressure Christa!

I've finally registered online for a few baby items.
www.Sears.ca
and
www.toysrus.ca
Honestly, we've been SO lucky so far. My sister and Jamie's sister both have small children and are giving us so many baby items it's ridiculous! The only "Big" things we really need to get are a change table (not so much a necessity but I kinda want it) and a stroller/infant carseat. Otherwise, there's a few items we need that are "smaller/medium". AND, I'm absolutely LOVING the new orangey colour they have out right now in baby clothes. It's gender neutral still without getting everything in the typical yellow or light green.

The nursery is coming along. BIG THANKS to Christa who helped me do the painting. We spent one Saturday painting the base coat (a light beige) and then the next Saturday we painted the stripe (a slightly darker tan colour in a semi-gloss to make it stand out a little more). The idea was inspired by Vicki's bathroom in her new house. She did the stripes in red and i absolutely LOVED the results. So I went with the neutral colours and I'm really loving it. Just can't wait now to get our furniture and move everything in. Gotta post pics of that too.

Work has been super hectic. I'm so used to doing my personal stuff at work in between doing actual WORK (tsk tsk tsk) and now that I'm training my maternity replacement, my personal items have been put on the back burner. I have a computer at home but I just can't feel inspired to sit in front of it in the evening after sitting in front of one all day. So that would be my excuse and apology for the lack of my usually prompt posts.

I'm off for now. Gotta get home (yes, I'm at work) and clean up and make dinner for the mom-in-law visiting from Newfoundland. Gotta try and be somewhat presentable when she arrives for the night. God forbid I not be taking good care of her baby! :)

2 comments:

Quirky Christa said...

Yeah no pressure to have GREAT pictures of your belly...eek!

Stephanie said...

I love black and white pregnancy photos. Can`t wait to see pics of your nursery