Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The City Harmonic

I seriously love music videos. Always have. I'm fascinated by the telling of an entire story in such a short amount of time. A music video is like seeing a movie in 3 minutes, 46 seconds (Well, this one is 4:25 but you catch my drift). To me, a video is to a movie as a postage stamp is to art. Tiny. Effective. Brilliant.

In the last few months, I've had to change my listening somewhat. Sarah is very musical. She picks up on everything. She has been able to hum a melody in tune for as long as I remember. She now recites lyrics from out of nowhere. I must be very careful. I love me some Lady GaGa as much as the next person but I'm needing to be extra cautious of what my children are hearing. Everything is so...so out-there! I never had to think of that before. Just listened. Enjoyed. Sang along. But I'm not so keen on hearing Avril Lavigne's "oh-o-o-o-o I'm thinking what the hell..." from my 4 year old.

So, with Sirius satellite, I've been able to tune in to "The Message" - a Christian radio station out of Michigan. It's a blessing. I'd prefer to have my child sing about God and love and family.

And let me tell you, Christian music isn't like it used to be. It's not just Sandi Patti and Michael W. Smith and hearing "Old Time Religion" on your Dad's old 8-track. It's praise, it's uplifting, it's happy. You can dance to it sometimes. Gasp! Don't let anyone know the Bible says there's "a time to dance".

Anyways, here's a fav of mine. Love it. "Manifesto" by The City Harmonic".

No comments: