Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Weekend of FIRSTS


Jamie's softball tournament was this past weekend. Being that it was the first time his team participated in this yearly trip to London, Yes, I decided to give up my golf tournament to tag along and spectate. On Friday night, it rained and rained and rained. I was trying to fill out the score sheet for the team and my paper became much too water-logged to accurately keep track. I know for certain that "our" team lost. And the next morning, they lost again. Not as badly but still two losses. By early afternoon softball was over and I was grieving over having missed our company golf tournament for (I think) the first time ever. Oh well...it was still a great weekend because we stayed with Joann and Chris, wonderful friends and fantastic hosts. We enjoyed having dinner, chatting, etc...all the boring yet much sought after stuff that friends do when they get together. Joann gave us a tour of Brescia College. She works there as the Residence Manager. Very nice college complete with Chapel and stained glass windows, gorgeous antique furniture, early 1900s photos gracing the walls, and statues of the saints. I also had my first Starbucks Chantico...very rich chocolate, even too rich for my taste, and I couldn't finish the small cup. Another first, Jamie and I ate at Crabby Joe's. There's one in Brampton now but we're usually too poor to eat out (new house draining funds). It was pretty good. Jamie liked the wings but the oil-ridden cheese pan bread wasn't nearly as good as the Jack Astors version. And yet another first, a green salad with pine nuts, goat cheese, and mango dressing. It was delicious! and Bonus! - Joann and Chris scored two vintage chairs from the college for their kitchen. Joann is going to find out how I can get some. I love vintage! (she's not as impressed, she can't wait to get a new dining set, and I'm pretty certain she doesn't understand my fascination. So I have to remind her to inquire about details). So, all in all it turned out to be a very productive weekend. And on our way back, we stopped into Acton to view progress on our new house. We are missing a window on the top floor! - promising to be the FIRST of construction problems ...sigh...I guess not all firsts can be good ones. ho hum...

1 comment:

Quirky Christa said...

I didn't know you might be getting vintage chairs. You need to hit Joann up for hers when she gets her new dining set