Thursday, June 18, 2009

Community Garden

This year, the family resource center a.k.a "Booky the Bear", our preschool group, is working with the community to develop a garden. The purpose is to get families with young children involved in learning about growing their own organic veggies and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.

Of course, it's also a great excuse for everyone to get out there in the summer sun and enjoy the great outdoors!

I love gardening - it's been a long time - but I do love it! I have a lot to learn but I'm really excited to be involved in this project with 7 or 8 other families from our community.

I was asked to be the "journalist" for our project...haha! I decided that a blog would be the best option since I'm already familiar with that method.

So I present to you www.treehousegarden.blogspot.com for your reading pleasure and to keep up to date on our progress as we begin this little journey to growing veggies!

1 comment:

Quirky Christa said...

yay...I've added it to my favourites to follow the progress :)