Daphne sent me this email so I thought I'd post my responses on my blog. Would love to see your surveys too!
1. Eggnog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? What kind of Santa Claus DOESN'T wrap presents - of course he wraps them!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored lights on our tree. Just red lights on the outside.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? I have a fake one but I haven't hung it yet.
5. When do you put your decorations up? We put our outside lights up (I think) the first week of December. Our Christmas tree and other inside decorations went up last week (Dec 13th).
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? turkey and all the fixins
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Waking up early and then Mom and Dad telling us "A little while longer" OR "wait, we have to go put in the fire" etc. etc. I swear, just to keep us in total suspense. And then we had to read the Christmas story together (which is a great tradition I continue now) but as a kid it was just like "COMON ALREADY!" The suspense really made it fun to rip open those gifts when it was finally okay.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I remember sneaking out one night with my sister to the hallway after we had gone to bed. And there were my parents putting the gifts under the tree in the living room - no Santa!
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No, I've never opened gifts on Christmas Eve.
10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him? As a kid we always put out a glass of milk and oreos. (later to find out my mom would drink the milk and dad would eat the cookies...lol)
11. Snow! Love it or hate it? Would LOVE it if it arrived on Christmas Eve and then was gone again on Boxing Day. That would be enough for me.
12. Can you ice skate? Um, used to....last time I went with Vicki and it was a disaster! I was like Bambi with the wobbly legs flailing out from under me...lol :)
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Off the top of my head...I remember getting my own recorder (previously had to use the ones at school). Mom had it wrapped inside a cardboard paper towel tube. And I remember getting molded "girl" ice skates - they were white with pink liners and had velcro so I didn't have to tie them up. Oh, and my little ponies, turtles chocolates, sour cabbage patch kids, and a pink wallet my aunt Rowelle gave me from the World Wildlife Fund. I could go on and on forever - I got so many great gifts, still do!
14. What's the most important thing about the holidays to you? The general spirit of Christmas - it's like Christmas Day just FEELS great - seeing family and visiting friends and gift-giving, listening to Carols, eating yummy holiday cookies, the pretty Christmas tree - everything is wonderful!!
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Home-made cookies and squares and cakes and anything that's chocolate and sweet...lol
16. Favorite Holiday tradition? Love getting up on Christmas morning in the pj's, reading the Christmas story, opening gifts with my family, and then all having yummy breakfast together.
17. What tops your tree? An Angel...my tree is all angel decorations.
18. Which do you prefer--GIVING OR RECEIVING? Receiving is great but it's the giving that really makes you feel blessed in your heart of hearts.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol? It's called "Mommy and Santa Claus" (lyrics on THIS POST from last Christmas) and it's on one of the old records that belonged to my parents and of which I am now the proud owner...and "They stood in silent prayer" by Charlie Pride.
20. Candy Canes? Not a huge fan, I usually buy some for my "candy cane holder" and then have to throw them out at the end of the Christmas season.
Merry Christmas Everyone!!