Saturday, July 30, 2005

And for the first time....Mr and Mrs Hynes

I'm BACK...I am very excited to begin filling you all in on the details from our wedding. It was so beautiful (I realize that I am slightly biased in this opinion of course) I don't even know where to begin...Let's start with our drive down...

So here I am driving to PEI...what a great pic, eh? lol...when I look at my wedding pictures, all I can think is, "WOW! It really is amazing what good hair and makeup can do!"

We left on Saturday night/Sunday morning at about 12:30 and ended up meeting up with my sister and the kids somewhere in New Brunswick. We continued the drive together and finally checked into our cottage at about 7:00pm on Sunday evening.
I really liked our "Angelynn" cottage. It was in the middle of nowhere surrounded by birch trees with an amazing view. It was crazy living with so many people in one "house" for those few days but it was fun to be together again as an extended family under one roof.

Our first week in Prince Edward Island was very hectic. There were a lot of final details to attend to in preparation for our big day. We had to meet with the wedding planner on Tuesday morning to arrange for our marriage license, meet the photographer, and take a trip to the beach where our marriage ceremony would take place. This was such an exciting day for Jamie and I. It was the confirmation of all of our planning. I swear, we just kept looking at each other with this "WOW!" look on our faces like we just couldn't believe how close our wedding day really was. Then we had to meet with the Pastor for an extremely condensed version of the pre-marriage counselling class. All went over very well. Jamie was a little nervous about meeting Pastor Cole for the first time but very quickly warmed up. Pastor Cole was so nice to us and took time out of his family vacation to meet with us and perform our marriage ceremony. He and Jamie even managed to get in a golf game together on Friday morning!

Thursday involved taking a planned trip to Rainbow Valley...a theme park in Cavendish that was my absolute favourite as a child. I couldn't wait to go back and take my nieces and Jamie's nieces.


Sadly, Rainbow Valley is in it's final year of operation. I'm very happy that I got to visit one last time. We really had a great time together, especially on the water slides!

Friday - Rehearsal...it is so exciting to see friends and family all together sharing laughter and memories and food. And all of them were there for JAMIE AND I...how wonderful of so many people to take the time out to join us in PEI. I just can't thank everyone enough for being there for us.

Mom and Dad Goosney

Mom and Dad Hynes holding grandbabies, Chloe and Grayson



From left to right: My Aunt Rowella, Cousin-in-law Brian with Erykah, and my Granny with Aunt Valerie

Rehearsal really was a great time "learning" how to walk down the aisle and where to stand, how and when to hold hands, etc. etc. Everyone was really having a great time making fun and laughing with us. It was such a relaxed atmosphere (only the groom had a few moments of apprehension...he, he...he was so cute)

All in all, week number one was CRAZY hectic and very overwhelming....but tremendous in so many ways.

Now, I really should go and finish unpacking and think about how to post my next blog with WEDDING PICS!

1 comment:

Daph's Amazing Kids said...

Ok, so you are driving me crazy!!!!! I'm am dying to see wedding pictures and I have been waiting patiently and as you know that is VERY hard for me. I have been checking Tara's blog everyday hoping that she would have posting some but no luck. And then finally, you post but still no wedding pictures. GRRRRRRRRR! Hurry up will you.