It seems like that's all we do lately...BICKER! Jamie and I, that is...at each others throats, complaining, arguing, nit-picking, just plain bickering.
It's mostly my fault. I'm prone to bickering. I try not to but sometimes I let my impatience get the better of me.
Jamie is the worrier...when he is worried, he complains and whines which leads to bickering. Normally he just couldn't be bothered. Good thing.
Here are some of the stupid things that we have "had words" about over the past few days:
1. Who gets to take the car and who gets to take the truck on our separate weekends away.
2. Who gets to take the 407 transponder for the toll highway to drive to our separate destinations.
3. Losing keys.
4. Jamie calling me on my cell phone at work rather than at my desk phone.
5. Growing pile of laundry and who gets to tackle it.
6. When and how to move Jamie's stuff into my apartment. And where to put everything.
7. Grocery lists. Wedding lists. Weekend lists. Cleaning lists.
8. The new Barbeque.
9. Computer usage.
10. What time to begin our drive to PEI.
That is not to mention the wedding details (money, money, money...)
Yes, we really need this weekend for some time apart. This is supposed to be a happy time for us - full of excitement and laughter and love....what happened to all that? I guess it's beneath the surface but it's harder nowadays to scratch under all the layers of other stuff.
We really just gotta wind down and take a deep breathe -- Mostly a message for myself. Enjoy it, don't panic, stop the unnecessary panic attacks and move on to reminding myself WHY all this is happening right now.
Phew...I think I feel better already. Thanks for listening to my bickering.