Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Girls Weekend

This upcoming weekend is our annual girls weekend. Woohoo! These weekends are so much fun. I really need it this year especially. I can't wait to have a few days away from everything.

Our first girls weekend a few years ago was white water rafting. That was quite an adventure! Wow! The next year was a skiing trip to Blue Mountain. Also an adventure (we ended up spending more time in the hot tub than on the slopes). And for the past three years (this year included) we are staying at a friends cottage on Georgian Bay. Staying at the cottage is the perfect retreat. We are right on the water and the owners of the cottage (who have their own cottage next to the guest cottage that we are staying in) are so generous and totally spoil us with their hot tub, boat, seadoos, barbequed dinners, etc.

I really think that our girls weekends are so important. Soon, we will begin to have families and won't have much opportunity to think of ourselves. We all agree that this time together is precious. It's great to have boyfriends and husbands, of course, but there are just some things that only girls can appreciate and understand.

With that in mind, though, I do think the guys need their own time away too. This weekend our "boys" will be going to Sibbald Point for camping. I think it's great that Jamie will get some time away from me right now. I agree that I'm not the easiest person to get along with even under the best circumstances. And now with upcoming wedding...well...you get the idea.

Yes, the time apart will be good. It allows us to appreciate each other so much more. Seeing each other after a few days away is a greatly anticipated time.

And to make it an even better weekend, I think I'll take Friday off...

2 comments:

Quirky Christa said...

Take this time to just relax and air your brain out before the big day and your trip to PEI begins. Can't wait, we're going to have such a good time....woo-hoo!!

Daph's Amazing Kids said...

Can I come too? :-(