Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Ages

That's how long it seems since I last posted in my blog. Lots of stuff on the go with the new baby and my mom being here to visit and all of that.

Olivia is doing wonderfully. She's so cute when she's all curled up and her hair is all stuck up in a mohawk on top of her head. She's different than Erykah and Isabella were when they were babies, she's probably a LITTLE more like Erykah with some of her features. But her HAIR...it's hilarious...and it's thick and STRAIGHT! But God only knows what it'll look like down the road, they change so much and so quickly.

My mom went back home yesterday morning. She was really a lot of help to my sister. So great of her to fly up to help out with the baby and the 2 girls. And now my sister may have her hands full. But she'll be okay with a little added patience. Erykah is pretty self-sufficient and quite helpful. Isabella is good too, don't get me wrong, but she's so rough and really "extra"! I feel bad that I don't get to help as much now that I live out of town. It was so easy with Erykah and Isabella when I lived in the same apartment building. We were all together and I could go up and visit or they could come down and visit anytime. It's weird. It's hard. I don't like it. That's the only thing I hate about our moving.

And now that Jamie and I are thinking about having our own baby, I believe I have FINALLY convinced him that we need a vacation. This could be our last opportunity to go away together and I really feel it's important to do that before we start a family. Last week after the reality set in that the friends (Jennifer and Chris, Christa and Kristen) are definitely going away, I think he realizes how great it would be. And I am so so so happy about that! We have scheduled off the week of April 10th and have applied for our passports. Haven't officially booked anything yet but it looks like CUBA here we come!! And if anyone has any hotel/resort recommendations, PLEASE share!

And so now comes the urgent need for some weight loss. I swear, I am the heaviest I have ever been and I hate it, I feel crappy. It's been really packing on and I don't quite understand it. But anyways, I've been trying to "Be good" on my own and thought I was doing ok but the weight scale says differently. So it's back to Weight Watchers I go. Sometime this week. I will start to be accountable for my food intake. And start trying to exercise more. And now to convince my dear hubby to walk with me or eat healthy with me. He's the worse! I mean it...such a picky eater...and hates to go for walks....continues to talk about us needing to lose weight but doesn't actually want to do anything about it. Let me share a list:

Jamie's List - "I can't walk tonight because...."

- Too tired
- Too late
- Too early
- Too cold
- Too hot
- Not enough time
- Too lazy
- Don't feel like it
- I can't keep up to your fast walking (bologne!)
- Ate too much supper
- Too rainy
- Too foggy
- Too snowy
- Feet hurt
- Legs hurt
- Head hurts

...and the list goes on and one, etc, etc. Kinda frustrating. Any suggestions to get our asses in gear?

And today is:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISTA!!!

and to my little cousin HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY CAILEIGH!!!

Don't forget to share those resort recommendations! So exciting,...I just can't wait!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO, those excuses are awesome...lol..
A little saying I heard a while back that makes you think.....

"What if you couldn't walk...."

If that was taken away, Scary thought isn't it??

I think I will go for a walk tonight..lol

Kristen

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness....I've used all those excuses not to do excercise. I could probably add to that list of excuses...but I won't. I don't know what the magic answer is to weight loss and excercise...I wish I did. All I can say is "I feel for you...I know how hard it is". Best of luck....

Quirky Christa said...

We definitely need to start walking again. And thanks for the bday wishes :)

Daph's Amazing Kids said...

Those are good excuses and like everyone else I can definitely add to the list too. But good luck with the weight loss - I know how hard it can be, I've been struggling with it my whole life.

Stephanie said...

Jamie get walking!!! I want to see sexy pics of you in a bikini. (ha ha)