Wednesday, March 22, 2006

The Case of the Missing Mug

Just went for my mid-morning snack and a hot chocolate and my missing MUG has re-appeared. And it was all dirty and dusty...like it had been left out in the maintenance office or somewhere for the last 2 months since I last saw it.

Ok, some background info:
When I started working here, I brought my own mug. It is white with cartoon cows on it frolicking in the flowers. Yup, no company logo for confusion...just cows!

And I have used this same mug every day for the past 9 years and something. Just like I use the SAME water glass and the SAME fork.

It's not that I am a germ-o-phobe or anything. I just really like the monotony of using the same stuff. I have been like this with glasses and utensils since I was a child. Remember those glasses you would get free at the gas station with a fill-up? Remember the ones with the Care bears on them? Well that was my glass as a kid. I used it every day until it broke. And then I started using a new cup. The same one. Every day.

And I am like it at home too. I use the same glass (Jamie calls it the ugly brown glass). And that's just how it is. Perhaps a little obsessive compulsive but whatever.

And now after finally coming to terms with my cow mug being gone forever, it has returned. I am so happy about it. I really am at the level of being ridiculous enough to be happy about the return of my cow mug.

Oh, and Christa...your teddy bear mug has returned too!! Not that you'll be needing it since you LEFT US!...but we could always fed-ex it.

1 comment:

Quirky Christa said...

The mug is back? Bunch of theives! I don't think I'll need it fed-ex'd I think it was Tara's mug and I just took it over since she was no longer there. Kind of the thing that gets passed along like the good staple remover :)