Thursday, July 16, 2009

Happy Birthday?

I'd say my birthday, tho' Happy (as always), was probably THE most uneventful birthday in the history of mankind. I did lots of things I personally feel one shouldn't have to on their one special day of the year:
- Got up early. And can I tell you how much I loathe mornings! And yes, I must use the word "loathe" simply because "dislike" wouldn't quite cut it!
- Went to a meeting. Not that it was a bad meeting but still a meeting none-the-less...on my birthday...a meeting...ugh!
- Worked. Went to work at 10:30 with the intention of decorating a birthday cake (for someone else, of course) and then leaving immediately afterwards. It got busy and I ended up staying until 5pm.

But then I got to enjoy myself a little:
- Went swimming in my favourite gorgeous brook to cool off and relax....awwwww!
- Went home and got a little card and a big hug and kiss from my baby girl. It took a bit of effort to get either because she wanted to keep the card for herself to open. And then when I finally got the card and asked for a hug and kiss, she decided she would hug and kiss the giraffe on the front of the card. That kid is just too cute!

Now back to my previously scheduled post of items I wished I didn't have to do on my birthday:
- Got left alone while the hubster went to work.
- Made myself supper. Mac n cheese. Ice cream for dessert. I figured I deserved a birthday treat but then felt guilty as I visualized the little weight watchers angel on my shoulder just a-shakin' her skinny little head at me.
- Tidied up after the toddler tornado in my house.

I know it sounds like I'm complaining. And I suppose my selfish self feels the need for a little spoiling on my birthday. Yeah, that would have been nice. But really, what do I have to complain about? Absolutely nothing.
- I had the health and strength to get up early.
- The meeting wasn't fraught with peril and secrecy.
- I have a job to go to.
- I have a wonderful family and circle of friends.
- I have a darling little girl.
- When supper time rolls around, there is plenty of good food to eat.
- I have a beautiful roof above me and not a legitimate worry in the world when I lay my head down at night.

Yes, my birthday was the same as any other day in my life. But it's a good life. An "easy" life. A blessed life. And for that, I am thankful.

For that, it was a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY indeed!

2 comments:

Quirky Christa said...

Happy Birthday!!! Can't wait to see you tonight/tomorrow :)

Tara said...

Happy Birthday Myrna....obviously I haven't been checking my FB very often - woops! I hope you (somewhere in all you did on your day) had a great day!