Monday, July 13, 2009

Not a Single Ounce

These are the weeks that are discouraging. Even though I know it's totally my fault. Even though I have been eating chocolate chip muffins gallore from our bakery. Even though the WII fit is getting dusty. It's still discouraging.

I didn't lose a single ounce this week. Not even one tiny little ounce.

I'm trying to look at the bright side: I also didn't GAIN a single ounce. Not even one.

I'm at a stand-still. Oh, I'm just dying to eat greasy mac-n-cheese for lunch, topped off with a giant brownie. At least my temporary cravings would be satisfied. If it's covered in cheese, I love it! If it's covered in chocolate, I love it more! Why can't the good tasting stuff be healthy? Life just isn't fair to this melted cheese-lovin' chocoholic.

Ok, enough of the whiney victim story.

This week, we're dusting off the WII Fit (I've already gone swimming a couple of times - bonus!), and I'm getting in some green leafy veggies for lunches. Yes, sir-ry Bob!

And when I weigh-in next Saturday, the scale will have some happy news for me. I have a photoshoot with Christa coming up so I need to look G-O-O-O-O-D!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Myrna you can do it, be strong, I know you can chickie.

vicki

Quirky Christa said...

My midwives told me to replace my sweet cravings with protein like cheese, nuts, peanut butter. Think you could try that?
Trust me, its hard though :( I've been doing it since last weeks appt.
Can't wait for your photo shoot on a brighter note. You're going to be smokin!!!

Jackie said...

Just the fact that you are trying...that's fantastic. Stick with it and I'm sure you see the numbers changing.

Anonymous said...

I was told that having 1 Dill Pickle will take away a craving for sweets - might be worth a try!!

Weight Watchers is the way to go - it's working for me, I'm down 30 lbs since May with Weight Watchers. I totally agree with your post, I wish the "good" stuff was the Healthy stuff.
keep working at it and know that you are not alone!
Take care, Kerri Dowdall