Friday, January 06, 2006

Condolences

...to my mom and her family on the death of Uncle Doug Barnes who passed away in his sleep last night.

He lived back home in Trout River, Newfoundland with his mother (Nan Barnes) who turned 97 just 2 days ago on January 4th. When she went to wake him this morning, he was gone. Cause of death has not yet been determined but my mom said that he hadn't been feeling well over the past couple of days.

I didn't know my Uncle...met him only a few times but family is still family and his death leaves me sad for his mother, children, and siblings. Heartfelt sympathies to all of them.

On a side note, I should have known perhaps that "something" was going to happen. My "weird" dreams always seem to coincide with birth and death. Here's how it works for me:
To dream of pregnancy means someone in this life will die. Theory: New life in the dream means that a life here must leave to make room for the new.
To dream of death means someone is pregnant. Theory: death in the dream allows for a new life to be reborn
To dream of a dead person also means that someone here will die. Theory: The deceased has come to take someone back with them.

I had a dream about my grandad Goosney two nights ago. He passed away in 1995. Sign? or complete coincedence?

1 comment:

Quirky Christa said...

I remember meeting Uncle Doug, he drove to Nfld with us one summer..about 3 years ago. We used to have to stop every few hours so he could get out and stretch his legs cause they would bother him.