Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Grapefruit Ban

It's official - I think I need to lay off the grapefruits. Some of you are probably thinking, "..and the problem is?" as I don't believe that this sour fruit is well loved by many. But let me tell you, I love grapefruit. It all started when I was a baby and my grandmother who is also a big fan would feed them to me. I've enjoyed them immensely ever since, in spurts. I could go for months and eat one every day. And then go for months with only one here and there. I'm currently on an "off" period because I was finding citrus fruit upsetting my stomach. And every now and then I try one again. Sometimes I'm fine. But today I think I've decided that my body can no longer handle it. And that sucks! There really aren't a whole lot of super healthy foods that I love, grapefruit is one of them, and I do believe I now officially have to issue a ban on them. Ugh!

In other news, I believe I may have just had the worse bath of my entire life. In the new house, we decided to have a 6ft soaker tub installed. However, it seems that we haven't the hot water capacity to actually fill it. And that, once again, sucks! See, I'm usually a shower girl. But every now and then I just really like to soak in steamy hot water and relax. It's really not so much about the "bathing", it's about the pampering. It's nice to light a candle, add some bath salts, exfoliate, read my book. It's great...usually. The tub was about half full with me already in it, muddy mask face and all, and I noticed it getting considerably cooler by the second. Eeeek! Unbelieveable! Jamie came in and asked what was the matter and just kinda giggled at me, no appreciation whatsoever for hot water, may have been the brown grainy apricot scrub all over me. I tried to lay there and get in some water enjoyment but too many of my body parts were sticking out in the cold air. Normally the hot water has made my bathroom super steamy and this would never be the case. Alas, my relaxation time came to a quick end and another chapter in the "Chronicles of Narnia: The Silver Chair" will have to wait.

Getting out of the bathtub in full view of a NOT steamed up mirror confirmed that I need to go on a diet. Cursed cellulite has overrun my once slim physique and I can't stand it anymore. Christa guided me earlier today to a blog we had come across. www.jillgodon.typepad.com. Christa (skinny girl alert) knows I've been complaining and Jill is on this crazy miracle diet to quickly lose a few pounds. Never one for crash diets and I hate veggies but I think it may be just what I need to give me that jumpstart I need on the way to losing 20 pounds or so. I'm an immediate gratification girl, sorry to say, if I don't see results after 2 days of eating healthy then I'm discouraged. Bad attitude, I know! But anyways, wish me luck...Thanks Jill! (Hope it's okay that I mentioned your blog in my post). I'll need it, how will I EVER survive without chocolate??!!

3 comments:

Daph's Amazing Kids said...

I know how you feel about the weight thing. I have been struggling with my weight my entire life. I'm still trying to lose that extra baby weight - no not from Caitlynn but from Joshua - who's now almost 5. It's pretty hard especially for me who lives with a super skinny husband who can eat absolutely anything he wants and not gain even 1/2 of a pound. Good Luck.

Quirky Christa said...

You say I'm skinny as if it's a bad thing? lmao!! Just kidding. I hope your next bath is much hotter and more relaxing.

Anonymous said...

You make me laugh so hard Myrna... how EVER did 'grapefruit' ban turn into you having to lose weight! Love yourself for who you are...

Now as for the tub thing...that severly sucks. I'm sorry to hear about that bad luck...but thanks for the laugh anyways!!!