Monday, June 13, 2005

Balcony Barbeque

Yesterday Jamie and I purchased a new barbeque. Jamie has been convinced for quite some time now that his life cannot be complete without one. And not just ANY barbeque of course. He must have the gigantic stainless steel 4-burner barbeque, the one with the rotisserie included, and side burner, the one that costs a bloody fortune! He saw one at Home Depot a while ago (ONLY $1599.99) with a remote starter and back lighting!! He tried desperately to convince me that we needed such a backyard accessary for the new house but to no avail. I told him that I would only agree to a bbq with a remote if it did all of the cooking for me. It did not so that was the end of that conversation.

I do not even care much for barbequed food and would be perfectly content to spend $99.00 on a bbq. But, alas, my husband-to-be is super spoiled and we decided on a compromise. This compromise was not supposed to become a part of our spending until after moving into the house but then....Zellers! (Jamie just LOVES looking at the sales in the flyers that come every weekend). And there it was on the front page! THE barbeque!

I had to admit that it was a great deal so I completely caved after only a couple of days of him coaxing and pleading. And then we got an extra 10% off for buying the floor model - I love a great deal!

But now, picture this! I live in an apartment building....with a small balcony. I think I'm crazy. But Jamie is ECSTATIC and I love to see him so excited. Tonight we eat chicken-a-la-grill.

2 comments:

Daph's Amazing Kids said...

Men and their toys. Will it ever end? lol

Quirky Christa said...

Well it certainly was a good dinner on Monday. But don't tell Jamie cause he'll be like "told you so" lol.