Friday, June 03, 2005

Happy 2nd Birthday Joshua

Dear Tara,
Today is two years since the birth of your son, Joshua. My thoughts and prayers have been with you and your family so intensely this week. I just want to share some of my feelings.

I think back to the day Joshua was born, he came into the world so early. Your email announcing his birth was surprising to say the least. Of course, I was happy for you and sent congratulations on the new arrival. At the same time, I was so worried and eagerly awaited your updates about his progress. I was shocked and devestated and cried so much for you on June 20th when I received word that Joshua had passed away.

I have just finished reading your blog. It is beautiful, so honest, so heartfelt. I am very proud of you and how far you have come as a person, a friend, a wife, a mother, in the few years that I have known you. Your tributes and your traditions for Joshua are wonderful and inspiring. I cannot possibly understand your "reality" but I am so appreciative of the way that you have chosen to share Joshua's life, especially through your awesome journalling and scrapbook pages!

You worry about forgetting....never! I will never forget either. I even have my own little "tradition". I don't always wait until his birthday. But I do, quite often, take out the pictures, read the emails, look at the funeral tribute card with his little footprints. I hold out my hand and try to imagine how tiny he was, so fragile. He fought so hard to stay with you, Tara. Only God knows the reason why he was taken. Perhaps we will never know.

As you, Jacques, and Noah are growing as a family, I like to imagine that every now and then, God allows the curtain of heaven to be pulled back so that Joshua, now in his absolute perfection, can look down on you. He will surely smile at how you love him every day....from now until eternity!

Love & Prayers,
Myrna

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG...now you have me crying! I mean, I didn't even cry writing the journalling to my LO and now, You...you....you've touched my hear. You don't know HOW much it means to me when other's remember my little boy that so few even care to mention. Thank you so much Myrna....this means the world to me!