Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Late as usual

I'm always late. Spring cleaning is no exception to that rule. Last week I finally decided to wash my balcony windows which were rather disgusting. And Jamie has just left to return the steam cleaner we rented from Home Depot to clean our rug, couches, and dining room chairs.

On top of that, I was babysitting Erykah and Isabella, made pasta for supper, and had done a load of laundry and pinned in on my little clothesline outside.

I don't know how moms can do this day in and day out!

Next on my spring cleaning list is sorting my closet. I have begun the process, gradually. But it is quite painful for me - I just hate getting rid of old clothes. Here are the reasons I tell myself not to throw them out:
1. It's always good to have old clothes for cleaning and painting
2. I will fit back into that some day
3. But what if it comes back in style?
4. Oh, but I love that sweater!(even tho' I don't wear it anymore)
5. Well, I would wear it... if only I had the coordinating shoes
6. But I've only worn it once! It's a shame to throw out something that's so new.
7. One day my kids and grandkids can have fun playing dressup with these
I blame this addictive quality on my mother (sorry mom! but it's so true). She would never throw out clothes. I have determined that if genetics is against me then I am doomed! Genetics has also predisposed me to a life of tardiness, which brings me back to my original point about being late with spring cleaning.

Also on my list of spring cleaning...
1. Wash the walls (I have slacked on this chore and decided to do only the areas that can be seen...this does not include behind the tv or china cabinet or in the closets...come on, I'm planning a wedding AND moving out in a few months anyway!)
2. Have my cat groomed (If you knew my cat and the amount of fur that he generates then you would understand the importance of adding this to my list).
3. Reupholster the cushions on my "outdoor couch" (this has been on my list since the day I bought that antique couch about 2 years ago...getting done this year? I think perhaps not).
4. Re-organize my scrapbooking supplies (not necessarily spring cleaning but desperately needs to be done none-the-less).
5. Wash out and re-organize my kitchen cupboards (once again I have already decided that the effort to do this would be pointless when I just have to go and pack up my dishes to move in a few months anyways).

So it actually kinda seems that my list isn't so bad afterall. I have either half-assed my way around getting the items checked off...OR...I have managed to develop any possibly excuse to justify not getting them done at all. Boy, I'm good!

All this talk of hard work has exhausted me...I think I shall revitalize myself with some chocolate :) he, he...

How's your list going?

3 comments:

Daph's Amazing Kids said...

I think that I have been inspired myself to make a list. But I think that mine may be a little longer than yours. I don't have the excuse of moving in a few months. lol.

Quirky Christa said...

I do have the excuse of moving and I did crazy cleaning in Christmas when I knew my parents were coming, and again in April when I knew Kristens parents were coming. I'm on strike til Oct!!

Anonymous said...

It's funny Christa says she's on strike til Oct....because this is exactly what I was going to say. I'm on strike from spring cleaning until Noah is grown. I will however clean when it's necessary (which is probably way too often as I'm a clean freak)...but why waste the time, life is too short! So that's it for me...."STRIKE FROM SPRING CLEANING"!!