Thursday, June 02, 2005

A Walk in the Park

Christa and I walk together every Monday and Wednesday evening, we've done this over the past couple of years when the warm weather arrives. We decided that we needed a little something in the exercise department to fill our schedules after the conclusion of our winter volleyball season.

It's amazing how great a simple walk can make you feel....

...and I have never needed to walk more than I did last night. I've been rather stressed lately with the ruination of my wedding dress, the search for the jewelry I had bought for my bridesmaids and have now somehow lost, shopping for groomsmen attire, and being super busy at work.

Yesterday was a beautiful warm and sunny day here in Ontario. It was perfect to get out and breathe some "fresh" air, take a brisk walk through the park, talk Christas ear off, and clear my muddled brain.

As an extra note, it seems that walking through the park also means encountering swarming clouds of tiny blackflies. Blackflies + Sticky lipgloss = not a good combination.

Perhaps the blackflies can be my symbolic lesson for the day. Sometimes in life we have to walk through annoying dark clouds of pesky blackflies. We can't let those annoyances "stick" but rather we must walk straight through, brush ourselves off, and enjoy the rest of our walk in the sunshine.

So, I encourage you! Take your stressed-out self for a walk through the park, down the street, around the bend to visit a neighbour. Take a friend, your hubby and kids, your dog. Walking - does the body (and the spirit) good!

1 comment:

Quirky Christa said...

I love our walks, they're so therapudic.