Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Comfort food (and the pursuit of fitting back into my wedding dress!)

I'm sitting here thinking about food. Breakfast was a Kelloggs Bran Cereal Bar (blech! but my sister and Dr Phil both tell me I need to eat more bran. Cereal bar form seems to be the only way my palate can handle it) and a kiwi fruit. Now I'm having a mid-morning hot chocolate, tsk! tsk!

Since discovering that I could no longer fit into my wedding dress I have been on a "diet", trying desperately to rid my stomach, thighs, and butt of those sneaky extra pounds. Of course, when I know I can't have something it makes me want it even more.

Here are some of my favourite foods, in no particular order. Most are chocolate. Some are bad. A few are good. Some are just plain evil!
  • Godiva Chocolate - a treat I receive only once a year at Christmas.
  • Chocolate Bars - my favourites are cherry blossom, eatmore, aero, glossett raisins, caramelog, smarties, I could go on.
  • Fudgeos, Chewy Chips Ahoy...Mr Christie, you make good cookies!
  • Ice Cream - At home, vanilla sprinkled with chocolate chips. Outside, McD's hot fudge sundae, Laura Secords Chocolate Chocolate Chunk, Baskin Robbins Jamocha Almond Fudge.
  • Berries - raspberries, strawberries, blueberries are all absolutely yummy!
  • B52 Milkshakes from Kelseys restaurant
  • Grapefruit - prefer pink, need to sprinkle the white ones with sugar.
  • French fries - poutine is great! All smothered in Ketchup of course. Oh, gotta go add ketchup to my list of favourite things.
  • Tim Hortons whole wheat bagel toasted with plain light cream cheese
  • Freshly Baked Bread
  • Pizza & Garlic fingers from Pizza Delight
  • Garlic bread at Dominoes
  • Roasted marshmallows
  • Plain ruffle chips with whipped plain cream cheese
  • My own pasta with tomatoes recipe sprinkled with fresh parmesan - so yummy even if I must say so myself.
  • Lobster and crab - when fresh from the Atlantic, there's just no comparison!
  • Sunflower seeds, salted, preferably without the shell.
  • McCain deep n delicious marble cake
  • "Hey Dolly" homemade cookies - made with graham crumbs, condensed milk, chocolate chips, shredded coconut (all the good stuff!).
  • My homemade moose-meat pies (yes, I said "MOOSE" meat, you newfies will understand).
  • Coconut Cream Pie
  • Cod fish - my favourite is how the Portuguese do it with the potatoes, egg, olive oil.
  • Sweet Pickled Onions

Well, I think that's enough. Perhaps this blog wasn't such a great idea, now I've gone and made myself really hungry! I just have to keep reminding myself that July 23rd is fast approaching and there's no $$ to buy a bigger wedding dress.

Most of all, I need to keep reminding myself that even after the wedding, just simply being healthy should be more than reason enough to control my eating habits. I'm in for quite the challenge!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Thanks for reminding me that I forgot to eat breakfast this morning. Now i'm super starved. lol.

Anonymous said...

Hee! Hee! Hee! The joys of comfort foods...I think all us 'women' know this all too well. lol...I love the way you wrote about all your favourite foods...what an awesome idea!