Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Jamie, my thoughts of you...

Jamie reads my blogs and yesterday he pointed out his disappointment about not being added to my list of favourite things. I tried to explain that it included favourite "THINGS", not favourite "PEOPLE". My explanation did not seem to reassure him so today I am writing a list specifically devoted to my husband-to-be:

Jamie, here are my favourite things about you:

  • You read this weblog. This means a great deal to me because it lets me know that you are interested in ME, my life, my thoughts. And then you like to talk about my journal entries which is a great bonus.
  • You are thoughtful and you CALL, all the time, every day. You ask how my day is going, if I need anything picked up on your way home from work, if I had a good nights sleep. Sometimes you call so much that it gets annoying. Of course I don't want to complain because there are millions of other women who would want to slap me for being annoyed at such a thing.
  • You support me in my committment to God and church attendance. You will never know how much this means to me (and our future family)!
  • You are very affectionate. You walk in the door and immediately come to me for a hug/kiss. You always want to snuggle on the couch watching TV. Again, I am annoyed at this sometimes because I am not really a very cuddly person. But I think of the alternative and I am so thankful.
  • How you say "yeah I know..." when I tell you that you look sexy.
  • You are intelligent about things that I haven't the slightest clue. Politics, sports, cars, and electronics do not interest me in the least but it's so nice to know that you can explain it all when I ask. It's a fine balance.
  • Physically speaking, you have features that I hope will be passed along to our children....the prettiest blue eyes, blonde hair, nicely tanned skin.
  • You are strong and I feel safe in your arms. I know that you will never let anything hurt me as long as you have a way to prevent it.
  • You love your mother. This was evident to me as soon as we met because you spoke so often and so highly of her. This was so important to me and immediately gave me a sense of how greatly devoted and committed you are. Even though you were spoiled rotten by her (and I have accepted that my lasagna will never compare), I am forever grateful to her for teaching you love and respect for the women in your life.
  • You have so many wonderful stories to share about your father, your siblings, your grandparents. I breathe a sign of relief that you come from such a strong family structure, a strong basis for our own family.
  • You get SO excited about birthdays and Christmas, anything that involves getting presents. You cannot contain yourself even if you are just getting a chocolate bunny at Easter. Of course, along with this comes your extreme "nosiness". You do everything in your power to coax and convince me of your surprises and force me to hide your gifts in spots that even I then have a hard time finding.
  • Your hardy/goofy laugh. You don't really laugh out loud a lot but when you do, I just love to hear the sound.
  • It's funny when you announce that you are the "king of the castle", the "champion of the world", and flex your muscles and say, "Oh Yeah Baby!" and then expect me to agree and not roll my eyes. Hee, hee! But yet you are afraid of bugs, are a nervous wreck at a slight change in plans, and almost cry at the thought of a roller coaster...so cute!
  • I love our Thursday night tradition - Survivor and milkshake for two!
  • You try your best to help around the apartment (even when I complain that you're not doing it MY way). You're especially doing an awesome job at learning how to cook, Sunday dinners being your speciality...yummy!

Babe, even though I'm not very expressive to you in person, I hope this helps you realize how wonderful you are to me. As our years together go by, I'm sure you'll continue to amaze me. I just pray that God will help me to continually see what a great man you truly are!

2 comments:

Quirky Christa said...

Aaawwww, that's soooo sweet!! You should read that at your wedding. I think Jamie will truly see in this blog how much you truly love and appreciate him. And convince him any further why you think he's the perfect husband for you, even though he'll probably say "yeah, I know"....lol.

Daph's Amazing Kids said...

This is sooooo awesome. I think that every person in a relationship should do this for their significant other. It shows them not only how much you love them but what you love about them. This is awesome, I'm inspired to do the same for my hubby. Thanks.