Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Scrappers Block

I finally got some layouts completed over the past few days. It seems like such a long time since I sat down to do scrapbooking. But Christa and I decided that enough is enough! and we set aside a few hours this past weekend to try and catch up. We should know by now that we can never really get caught up as much as we wish.

I started scrapbooking a couple of years ago after attending a Creative Memories show hosted by a college friend. I was hooked! I love this hobby! It combines my love of journaling and photography. I can be as creative (or not, at times) as I want to be. And most of all, I love the idea of preserving these precious memories for myself and for my future family.

As a child I loved looking at pictures of my mother and father as children. As I teenager my interest in my grandparents old albums grew. It always bothered me tremendously when I would ask questions about the photos only to receive a shrug of the shoulders, an "I don't remember...hmmm? Wonder who that could be?". I really wish I could go back somehow to when that photo was taken, to understand the story behind the smile, to share in the memory of my family's past sorrows and joys.

Now, if only I could get over this slump! I feel like I don't know how to scrapbook anymore, I have no ideas, all of my pages end up looking the same. I need some inspiration! Something must be done to kick-start my creativity. "Two Peas" here I come!

No comments: