Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Ruined

I am spitting fire! MAD!
I just picked up my WEDDING DRESS from the cleaners and it is ruined!
So, here's the story...I bought the dress at Sears. It was a really good price, I wasn't willing to pay a crazy amount for my dress. We're having a simple beach wedding and I wanted a simple dress to match.
I got the dress and it was kinda wrinkly and had a tiny little speck on the front. I brought it to the cleaners (recommended to me by my boss) to get cleaned, pressed, etc.
I went to pick it up today and it's a good thing I took a look inside the dress bag. There are 4 or 5 'hooks', thread-pulls, whatever you wanna call 'em, on the front bodice. It's not good.
I was like, "What IS THIS?" They kept explaining over and over again, etc. etc. etc. all a bunch of bull. I was upset. And then I started to cry, paid for the dress (YES, I paid for it!), and left.
And then my sister gives me crap for paying, rightfully so! But I was so distraught, I couldn't even talk anymore without choking back tears. I'm one of those people who cannot even speak, seriously not even a word, when I'm crying. Paying for it makes me feel even worse. They're idiots and I'm an even bigger idiot!
Unbelieveable!!
So, I just called Sears and told them that the dress is ruined. I didn't give them the WHOLE story but it was enough. The customer service girl said to bring it to the store and if they can see that I haven't worn it already (which, in this case, I honestly haven't) then they should replace it without a problem.
Cross your fingers for me!

1 comment:

Daph's Amazing Kids said...

OH MY GOD!!! I can't believe a drycleaners would do that to somebody's wedding dress and then make excuses and THEN on top of it all, make you pay for it. Some people are such IDIOTS. I'm mad and it wasn't even there and it wasn't even my dress. My fingers are crossed that you get a new one. GOOD LUCK!!!!