Friday, May 06, 2005

List of Annoyance

I love this blog

I am copying this idea and create my own list of annoyances:


  1. Staples - why must people put 16 staples to hold together 2 pieces of paper.
  2. Loud Nose Blowers - my grandfather used to sound like a foghorn, especially in the quiet serenity of a church service. No shame!
  3. New and Improved - if you see this on a product in the store, it is a guarantee of disappointment. Why change a perfectly good thing?
  4. Miserable people - my sister dropped me off at the hair salon yesterday and pulled in front of a driveway for 2 seconds to let me out of the car. Immediately an old lady was at the door yelling, "You're not going to park there are you? You're blocking my driveway!" Are you just standing there WAITING for this moment to happen?
  5. Hair dressers with bad haircuts - just makes me wonder why...?
  6. Pickup trucks with the huge newfie flag on the back with "LaScie" (the name of the town) in bold print. I am proud of being a newfie too. But seriously, something a little less obvious would suffice.
  7. 11 year old girls wearing heels. Or for that matter, anyone wearing heels that don't know how to walk in them.
  8. Avon scents - only the 99 cent cherry lipbalm and the peach bubblebath smell good. Almost everything else reaks.
  9. Saggy ass jeans - having the crotch of your jeans down to your knees is simply not attractive at all. Bend over and there we have it - plumbers butt!....'nuff said.
  10. Cat fur - all of my black clothing turns white within seconds of being near my long-haired kitty.
  11. People who don't wave to say thank you when you let them out in traffic.
  12. White sports socks in dress shoes....why do people do this? Guys with long pants I can sorta get past. Women in skirts I'll never understand nor accept.

There are so many more, I'm certain I could go on forever....I'll continue making additions as life brings little annoyances my way.

Now I have to make a list of my favourite things to balance the yang with the yin.

1 comment:

Daph's Amazing Kids said...

I totally agree with your list of annoyances, except for the kitty one of course since I don't have any kitties of my own. I usually end up with a sticky hand print of some sort on my black clothing. Love reading your blogs (didn't even know this existed), makes me feel like were not so far apart. I really miss all my friends from home.