Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Darth Tater

I have a collection (well, only 4) of Mr. Potato Heads sitting on top of my deskjet printer at work. I do believe that it drives my boss crazy but he'll never come out and actually say this. I figure if I spend more time in this cubicle than anywhere else, I should be permitted to make it fun and colourful.

I didn't have Mr. Potato Head as a child. My friend Vicki owned one. I loved it. It seems my appreciation for the "classics" started early. This is not to say, of course, that I was deprived of toys in any way as a child. I was quite spoiled.

My first Mr. Potato Head was given to me by my niece for Christmas 3 years ago. He was later joined by Mrs. Potato Head and some new clothing and accessories. This marriage brought forth many comments by my coworkers regarding the need for baby Potato Heads. And so, Phil (guy in the warehouse), decided to buy me one. It seems others enjoy these toys as much as I do.

Yesterday, much to my dismay, Paul (guy here at work) began a new job at a new company. He was an awesome person, a fellow Mr. Potato Head owner, and before he left work on Monday, he decided to pass over custody to me of his limited edition Mr. Potato Head Hockey Player. I was hesitant...his Mr Potato Head has a story, it was a gift from his brother to tease him when he lost a tooth playing hockey. I am honoured to be the new owner.


I've recently learned that there is a new Darth Tater, an extremely cute tribute to Star Wars. I should buy it for Jamie and I. He loves Star Wars and I love Mr Potato Head. It's perfect!


This blog has brought my closer attention to my Potato Heads. I think they're in desperate need of a wardrobe change. Mrs Potato Head's cowgirl arm is falling off and Mr Potato Head's geeky engineer look is boring me. I suppose it might be frowned upon to add new Potato Head clothing to my bridal registry, eh?


No comments: