Thursday, May 26, 2005

Regarding the Ruined Dress

Sears will not return/exchange the dress. I have no receipt, no credit card statement, no anything to show when I purchased the dress. It figures, I suppose customer service can only go so far. It's not their fault that my dress is ruined anyways but I just had to give it a try.

Everyone!! is giving me crap for paying the drycleaner. I try to explain how completely distraught I was in that moment but to no avail. I'm still an idiot for paying. And I don't want to go back. I can't stand the thought of seeing that guys face again, I can just picture myself bursting into tears again, and I'm not sure if it's worth the anguish.

So, as it stands, I will be bringing the ruined dress to Vicki's seamstress tomorrow to see if it can be repaired. I doubt it. I'm remaining pessimistic in this circumstance.

My next option is to find a seamstress who can make me a dress. Of course, finding a good one who had time between now and July to custom make a wedding gown may not be the most realistic outlook either.

On a nice note, Jamie has been very comforting and reassures me that everything will be okay.

Oh, the joys of planning a wedding! Things were obviously going much too smoothly.

Again, wish me luck! Feel free to offer suggestions, please!

No comments: